- I am not ready for Ironman.
- I hate riding my bike. Unless I'm with fun people like Kelly Irwin or Dave Kurtze or Jason Miller, and they are going slow enough for me to keep up : )
- I hate riding my bike up hills.
- My swimming has improved. (3 minutes faster this year than at Barb's Race last summer)
- Improvements in swimming will not make or break the day at Ironman.
- My cycling has not improved. (3:29 on the relatively easy Barb's Race course last year. 4:30 on the Wildflower course this year)
- My cycling probably hasn't improved because I hate riding my bike.
- I love running, but running hurts after riding your bike.
- I love running, but running hurts after running two marathons in the previous three weeks and then riding your bike for 56 miles. (2:46 half marathon which is pretty much the slowest I've run, like ever. Barb's Race last year was 1:54)
- I am not willing to forego marathons to seriously train for a triathlon. I like marathons. I don't like triathlons.
- I might not make the cycling cut-off at Ironman.
- I will be wearing cycling shorts for Ironman. Even 56 miles on the bike hurt in tri shorts. Like, I-may-never-be-able-to-have-children hurt.
- I might die at Ironman.
- I hate transition Nazis who yell at you for being the rookie who doesn't know the right direction to rack your bike.
- I hate triathlons. Like, I just don't care enough about triathlons or cycling to make myself work hard like I do with running. As I was walking a good half of the run course, I was seriously saying unhelpful mantras out loud like "This is stupid" and "I don't care" and "F*$! this S&*%"
- I hate Wildflower, mostly because they don't have enough porta-potties on their run course. I won't go until details here. I may have eaten too much on the never-ending bike ride. (See snack box before ride) Just sayin'
17. I hate hills, especially when you have to ride your bike up them. And down them.
18. I should wear more or better sunblock.
19. I should wear body glide before putting my wet suit on.
20. I need to ride my bike every day between now and June 24th.
21. I need to run at least 15 minutes after getting off my bike everytime I ride my bike between now and June 24th.
22. I like s'mores.
23. I might die on June 24th.
So yeah, it was a great weekend. [Heavy sarcasm intended]
|This is after we finished. Jason looks really happy because (a) he rocked it and (b) he'd had an hour to rest while waiting for me to finish.|