About Me

When I was 8, I was always the last one picked for dodgeball. Now at 29, I'm training for my first Ironman.

Friday, February 10, 2012

And on the fifth day ... I rested

So yesterday was my favorite kind of training day - running only : )  Just did five miles with a couple of good pick-ups since I'm quasi-tapering for a 50K (31 miles) trail run on Saturday.

My schedule today called for a 30 minute swim in the morning and a 45 minute bike ride in the afternoon.  I planned to swim at the gym this morning, and ride outside this afternoon, but when my alarm went off, my hamstrings felt oh so achy and my bed felt oh so warm, and I remembered that I will be leaving my house at 3:30 tomorrow to drive to Auburn, run 31 miles of hills/mountains and then come straight home ... and I thought ... this seems like a good day to rest : )  See - sometimes I have moments of sanity.

I'm planning on doing a bike ride and/or swim as recovery on Sunday but I will have to see how I feel.  When I asked my friend Rudy to describe the 50K course we are running tomorrow he said 'brutal'.  Sounds fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment