About Me

When I was 8, I was always the last one picked for dodgeball. Now at 29, I'm training for my first Ironman.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Water Aerobics is Ruining My Life

I hate water aerobics.  I really do.  Almost as much as I hate brussel sprouts.  Or Sarah Palin.

I had a brilliant plan today.  The two-a-day workouts are really getting to be a grind, and I still have a long way to go until June 24.  I miss my evenings.  I also miss staying at work until 7 since oddly enough, my most productive hours are usually between about 3 and 7pm.  I am also tired of showering and blow drying my hair twice a day.  It's just inefficient.  And I'm all about efficiency.

Last Thursday I tried to just knock out both of my workouts one after the other in the am - a 10 mile run, drive to the gym, then a 40 minute swim.  But that was hard.  I was super tired and hungry and my swim suffered because of it.

So I had a brilliant plan.  I would run at 5, enjoy my coffee time to refuel and renergize, then swim, then go to work.  I would be at work no later than 10 or 10:30 and could work until 7 or 7:30.  Perfect.    The first part of the plan went well - I had a nice 6 mile run, good conversation and a chai latte, and then I headed to the gym.

Unfortunately, I got to the pool just in time for water aerobics.  Yup.  They have a morning session too.  WTF?!?! Who are these intense 60-year-old chubby women that are doing two-a-day water aerobic sessions!!! Argghhh!  It is my new life's mission to convince people that water aerobics is not actually a workout.  It can't be.  Right?  I mean, how many calories can they possibly burn?  Not to be mean, but have you ever seen someone in that class with a seriously toned body?  Ok fine.  They're doing something to stay active.  But can they do it at a time that doesn't conflict with my swim schedule?  Or at least leave a lane open for me?

Nope.  I'll be headed back to the gym tonight.  After their evening workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment